Re: Need Help in Taking Backups

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need Help in Taking Backups
Date: 2004-12-07 04:17:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Well, you can take a pg_dump to get the state of the system at a point
in time. That's very easy.

But you really need to specify your 'disaster modelling' and recovery
requirements in _much_ greater detail. It may be that in order to
keep recovery time down, you'll need to use a replication system such
as Slony-I to give you a "hot backup" that's sitting just a few
transactions behind.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/postgresql.html