Why SQLBindCol can not get back the c string length.

From: "Hu, Ming (Ivan)" <huming(at)lucent(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Why SQLBindCol can not get back the c string length.
Date: 2006-07-22 05:59:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I am not familiar with ODBC.

Why I can not get the actual length from StrLen_or_IndPtr,the last paramter
of SQLBindCol(). The value of it
always keep the input one.
Also, for varchar string, the return c string is with right length, while
for fixed chars in DB, the returned c string is
always with the fixed char length in DB, there are space appended in c
string.

Could anybody pls help me on it, thanks.

Best Regards
Ivan