Re: Porting PostgresSQL libraries for QNX710

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: "Rajith Rao (dot)B(App Software)" <ranjithraob(at)medha(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Porting PostgresSQL libraries for QNX710
Date: 2024-02-22 12:15:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 22 Feb 2024, at 11:35, Rajith Rao .B(App Software) <ranjithraob(at)medha(dot)com> wrote:

> I have been using the Qt IDE with C++ for database connection and query execution, and unfortunately, I cannot share the code with you.

No worries, I have no intention to work on this.

> You mentioned that PostgreSQL support for QNX was removed starting from version 8.2. Are there any alternative methods to port or build PostgreSQL libraries for QNX 7.1.0?

There is no other way to build any software on a new architecture than rolling
up the sleeves and getting started.

I suggest looking at commits f55808828569, a1675649e402 and 6f84b2da75d3 in the
postgres repo as a starting point for research. The QNX support which was
removed in 8.2 was targeting QNX4, so it may or may not be helpful.

--
Daniel Gustafsson