Re: Exposing the stats snapshot timestamp to SQL

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Matt Kelly <mkellycs(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Exposing the stats snapshot timestamp to SQL
Date: 2015-02-20 02:40:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Matt Kelly <mkellycs(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Attached is the fixed version. (hopefully with the right mime-type and
> wrong extension. Alas, gmail doesn't let you set mime-types; time to find
> a new email client...)

Committed with a couple of changes:

* I changed the function name from pg_stat_snapshot_timestamp to
pg_stat_get_snapshot_timestamp, which seemed to me to be the style
in general use in the stats stuff for inquiry functions.

* The function should be marked stable not volatile, since its value
doesn't change any faster than all the other stats inquiry functions.