Re: pg_restore creates public schema?

From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_restore creates public schema?
Date: 2022-10-06 16:46:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10/6/22 10:20, Tom Lane wrote:
> Ron<ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>>> You realize that that version's been out of support for a year?
>> Yes, which is why I'm dumping from an EOL cluster, and restoring to a
>> supported version.
> But why are you using the dead version's pg_dump? You could use
> the supported version of that.

Because installing new software on production servers requires hurdles
(Service Now change ticket approved by the application support manager,
Delivery Service Manager, Engineering Change Board, and a one week lead time
before installing during the Saturday night maintenance window) that I'm not
willing to jump through just to take an /ad hoc/ database backup.