Re: Could pgsql jdbc support pool reauthentication?

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Álvaro Hernández Tortosa <aht(at)8kdata(dot)com>, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>, List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Could pgsql jdbc support pool reauthentication?
Date: 2017-11-16 08:30:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello again,

After looking at pgbouncer master branch, which supports PAM authentication and indirectly LDAP, I decided to give it a go. Also I had to do some minor patches to both the backend's GUC code, and
pgbouncer in order to respect search_path and make it usable with transaction_mode (which IMHO is the main benefit of using pgbouncer vs the competition) - + it is the best bet closest to
re-authentication, which postgresql does not support out of the box (and is fairly complicated to do so).
After all those (not so trivial) changes I tested pgbouncer with my app, and I got sort of promising results, but also had a few unexpected failures as well.
Sad thing is that neither pgbouncer's mailing list seems very active , despite having subscribed successfully it still fails to accept my emails, nor do I see the project at github very active, or any
announcement for a new release soon .

So I don't really know how to contact the pgbouncer community.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead