Re: Commitfest 2020-11 is closed

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Commitfest 2020-11 is closed
Date: 2020-12-02 21:51:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/2/20 4:15 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 10:00 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> This is actually a bit problematic, because now the cfbot is ignoring
>> those patches (or if it's not, I don't know where it's displaying the
>> results). Please go ahead and move the remaining open patches, or
>> else re-open the CF if that's possible.
>
> As of quite recently, Travis CI doesn't seem to like cfbot's rate of
> build jobs. Recently it's been taking a very long time to post
> results for new patches and taking so long to get around to retesting
> patches for bitrot that the my "delete old results after a week" logic
> started wiping out some results while they are still the most recent,
> leading to the blank spaces where the results are supposed to be.
> D'oh. I'm looking into a couple of options.

pgBackRest test runs have gone from ~17 minutes to 3-6 hours over the
last two months.

Also keep in mind that travis-ci.org will be shut down at the end of the
month. Some users who have migrated to travis-ci.com have complained
that it is not any faster, but I have not tried myself (yet).

Depending on how you have Github organized migrating to travis-ci.com
may be bit tricky because it requires full access to all private
repositories in your account and orgs administrated by your account.

Regards,
--
-David
david(at)pgmasters(dot)net