tblspaces integrated in new postgresql (version 8.0)

From: bill(at)uchicago(dot)edu
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tblspaces integrated in new postgresql (version 8.0)
Date: 2004-09-13 01:35:06
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi, I have downloaded the new postgresql (version 8.0 beta2) and I was
wondering what performance features I can take advantage of before I start
to dump my 3/4 terrabyte database into the new format. More specifically
I am interested in tablespaces--what exactly is this feature, some sort of
organizational addition (?) and howcan I best take advantage of this....?
Anything else?

Thanks.