Re: Low CPU Usage

From: brauagustin-susc(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)ar
To: Norberto Meijome <beto(at)octantis(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Low CPU Usage
Date: 2007-09-20 11:30:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hola Beto.
I have no idea where to look for that configuration or settings.
Yesterday I red about some drivers problems with SATA disk working togheter with IDE devices with DMA.

Mi server server is a Pentium VI 3.3 with hyper threading (enabled in BIOS), HP Proliant ML 110.

Then I entered to the BIOS and saw in IDE Configuration:
ATA/IDE Configuration [Enhanced]
Configure SATA as [IDE] => it has RAID option too

I have any idea how to continue!!! I don't know if this a SATA problem, a configuration problem or what else. I have installed several servers beggining with postgres 6.4 and I've neved had this kind of problems (always with IDE disks). I think this is a problem with SATA disk i/o, but I don't see how to measure that (I have already set postgresql.conf).

Regards
Agustin