Re: multivariate statistics v14

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>, jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: multivariate statistics v14
Date: 2016-03-28 08:49:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/26/2016 08:09 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tomas Vondra wrote:
>
>> There are a few places where I reverted the pgindent formatting, because it
>> seemed a bit too weird - the first one are the lists of function prototypes
>> in common.h/mvstat.h, the second one are function calls to
>> _greedy/_exhaustive methods.
>
> Function prototypes being weird is something that we've learned to
> accept. There's no point in undoing pgindent decisions there, because
> the next run will re-apply them anyway. Best not to fight it.
>
> What you should definitely look into fixing is the formatting of
> comments, if the result is too horrible. You can prevent it from
> messing those by adding dashes /*----- at the beginning of the comment.

Yep, formatting of some of the comments got slightly broken, but it
wasn't difficult to fix that without the /*------- trick.

I'm not sure about the prototypes though. It was a bit weird because
prototypes in the same header file were formatted very differently.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com