Re: Patch for memory leaks in index scan

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dmitry Tkach <dmitry(at)openratings(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for memory leaks in index scan
Date: 2002-04-19 19:37:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-patches

Dmitry Tkach <dmitry(at)openratings(dot)com> writes:
> Frankly, I don't see what is your problem with it at all :-)

Mainly, I don't like wasting cycles and code space on partial solutions
;-). There's certainly no reason you shouldn't make this patch locally
if the leak is getting in your way, but for an official solution I'd
rather see us make a systemic fix --- and then we could rip out the
retail pfree's both here and in other EndNode calls.