Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

From: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, "andres(at)anarazel(dot)de" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Date: 2018-12-14 09:00:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

> I would recommend waiting for the conclusion of other thread before
> moving on with this one.
Agreed.
I mark this patch as Waiting on Author. Not quite correct for waiting another discussion, but most suitable.

> We could also consider using
> the show hook function of a parameter to print its value in such logs.
But show hook also affects "show primary_conninfo;" command and pg_settings.value
I already marked primary_conninfo as GUC_SUPERUSER_ONLY. I doubt if we need hide some connection info even from superuser.
Also this hook would be a bit complicated, i found suitable code only in libpqrcv_get_conninfo after establishing connect

regards, Sergei