prevent connection using pgpass.conf

From: "Christophe Dore" <c(dot)dore(at)castsoftware(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: prevent connection using pgpass.conf
Date: 2010-03-31 15:32:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

We are building a solution using some dedicated postgresql servers (and
dedicated C++ and Java apps). For security reasons, we'd like to prevent
users to connect (from our apps at least) to those servers with
passwords stored in files such as pgpass.conf.

Is there any configuration that can be done, on the server side, or in
the C++ and/or java application side, so to prevent such thing ?

Thanks in advance.

--

cd