Re: pg_publication_tables show dropped columns

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_publication_tables show dropped columns
Date: 2022-09-06 03:13:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec> writes:
> Just trying the new column/row filter on v15, I found this issue that
> could be replicated very easily.

Bleah. Post-beta4 catversion bump, here we come.

> This could be solved by adding a "NOT attisdropped", simple patch
> attached.

That view seems quite inefficient as written --- I wonder if we
can't do better by nuking the join-to-unnest business and putting
the restriction in a WHERE clause on the pg_attribute scan.
The query plan that you get for it right now is certainly awful.