Re: column headers all in upper-case letters?

From: Frank Bax <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: "Sammer Reinhard J(dot)" <RSammer(at)mlink(dot)co(dot)at>
Cc: "'Rasmus Mohr'" <rmo(at)Netpointers(dot)com>, "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: column headers all in upper-case letters?
Date: 2002-01-31 15:53:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

By default, Postgresql will convert all table and column names to lower
case; both when you are creating the table and in sql statements that it
processes. To override this, the table and column names must be enclosed
in double quotes, both when the table is created and in all subsequent sql
statements.

fbax=# create table test ("ID" int, id int);
CREATE
fbax=# insert into test values(1,2);
INSERT 6096748 1
fbax=# select * from test;