Re: cast int to float

From: Frank Bax <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: "sheila timp" <shilet(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cast int to float
Date: 2002-01-03 18:10:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

Works for me...

fbax=# create table sheila (item1 int, item2 int, item3 int);
CREATE
fbax=# insert into sheila values (1, 2, 4);
INSERT 5971355 1
fbax=# select ((cast(item1 as float))/(cast(item2 as float) + cast (item3
as float))) as item4 from sheila;
item4
0.166666666666667
(1 row)

Perhaps you have a row in your table where item2+item3 = 0?

Frank