Re: some questions about PostgreSQL in general

From: Frank Bax <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: julesa(at)arbodienst-limburg(dot)nl
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: some questions about PostgreSQL in general
Date: 2002-01-03 15:47:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

At 11:45 AM 1/3/02 +0100, Jules Alberts wrote:
>another question i didn't think about in my original posting: how
>flexible is postgresql? at the moment it's quite easy to change the
>structure of the tables. i guess that in postgresql this may be a
>little problematic.

Making changes to pg tables isn't quite as easy as with DBU (I've also done
Clipper in the past), but it's not bad. Last I heard there was no support
for DROP COLUMN,
http://www2.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#4.5
Follow a similar process when making changes (like datatype) of a column.

Frank