Re: finding (and recycling) holes in sequences

From: Erik Tennant <lists(at)webpd(dot)com>
To: Kyle Bateman <kyle(at)actarg(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: ldm(at)apartia(dot)ch
Subject: Re: finding (and recycling) holes in sequences
Date: 2000-06-28 15:36:24
Lists: pgsql-sql

There is a similar discussion going on in the jonas users mailing list..
Your approach below does not appear to be thread safe. There is no
guarantee that the same value will not be selected twice on two concurrent
inserts.. Even more so since it sounds like he is going to be doing the
maxid() and the insert statements separately..

-Erik