Re: pgAdmin problems

From: Frank Bax <fbax(at)execulink(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin problems
Date: 2000-04-01 22:29:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the examples in pg_hba.conf file.
The file contains only these non-commented lines:

local all trust
host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust
host all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 password

When I change password to crypt or ident, then error message in Access
changes accordingly.

When I change the last line to:

host all xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.255 trust

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is client's dynamically assigned IP address, I was
able to connect with Access, but pgAdmin still produced the same message
mentioned below in my first message.

Changing the last line to

host all xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.255 password

gives the password authentication error in Access. In ODBC (on Win98
client side), I have username and password of the user that owns the
database I'm trying to access. Did I need to mention that the server is
running on OpenBSD?

Frank