\dt and pg_user problems

From: "Comunicare s(dot)a(dot)s(dot)" <accursio(dot)avona(at)comserv(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: \dt and pg_user problems
Date: 1999-09-30 15:31:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everybody,

I updated my postgres V6.4.2 to V6.5.2 and i'm facing with two problems
(maybe only one).

First, using psql if i use the command \dt i recive the message

" Couldn't find any tables ",
but is i use the query
SELECT * FROM tablename
i can get what i need, also the command \d tablename works fine.

Second, even if all users are in pg_shadow they don't appear in pg_user.

I thought that initdb failed to create the rule for pg_user, so i tried to
execute this

CREATE RULE _RETpg_user AS ON SELECT TO pg_user DO INSTEAD SELECT usename,
usesysid, usecreatedb, usetrace, usesuper, usecatupd, '********'::text as
passwd, valuntil FROM pg_shadow;
by hand, but i recieved the following error message:
view rule for pg_user must be named _RETpg_user.

Is there someone who can help me to fix this?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Accursio Avona