plpgsql and createlang?

From: April L <april(at)i-netco(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plpgsql and createlang?
Date: 2002-04-14 19:05:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

Wow, thank you! I'll study your examples to learn as well!

I am using your fine program as a matter of fact, and when executing the
CREATE FUNCTION code below, I get the message:

ERROR: Unrecognized language specified in CREATE FUNCTION: 'plpgsql'.
Pre-installed languages are SQL,C, and internal.
Additional languages may be installed using 'createlang'.

I went to the pdocs and read about createlang script, and found createlang
script in my

/usr/local/pgsql/bin

but when I type various things to try to even list my installed languages -
let alone install plpgsql - which I thought came automatically installed? -
I keep getting

Command not found.

I ls and I see createlang in the dir I'm in.

I type things like: (my db is named rbl)

createlang -l rbl
createlang -l -drbl
createlang -l -d rbl
createlang -l template1