Re: consistent naming of components

From: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my>
To: "Robert Dyas" <rdyas(at)adelphia(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: consistent naming of components
Date: 2001-10-29 05:55:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Personally I see very little gain for lots of work and problems.

But whatever is decided it'll be ok for me if I can still tell a postmaster
on the command line where its base directory or global configuration file
is and it finds everything else from there.

Apache is almost there, need to edit the apachectl and init scripts and
that's about it.

The supplied Postgresql initstyle script kills all postmasters though :(.

Cheerio,
Link.