Multiple postgresql installations on one machine.

From: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Multiple postgresql installations on one machine.
Date: 2001-10-11 10:04:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Is it possible to have multiple postgresql installations on one machine
running on the same port but on different IP addresses?

I've specified different IPs/hostnames for the virtual_host but the unix
socket clashes when I try.

Should I just move the unix sockets somewhere else with -k, what would the
impact be? I can't seem to tell psql where to find the moved unix socket.

Cheerio,
Link.