Re: CommitDelay performance improvement

From: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Vadim Mikheev <vadim4o(at)email(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitDelay performance improvement
Date: 2001-02-24 03:59:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 11:32 23/02/01 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>Looking at the XLOG stuff, I notice that we already have a field
>(logRec) in the per-backend PROC structures that shows whether a
>transaction is currently in progress with at least one change made
>(ie at least one XLOG entry written).

Would it be worth adding a field 'waiting for fsync since xxx', so the
second process can (a) log that it is expecting someone else to FSYNC (for
perf stats, if we want them), and (b) wait for (xxx + delta)ms/us etc?

Philip Warner | __---_____
Albatross Consulting Pty. Ltd. |----/ - \
(A.B.N. 75 008 659 498) | /(@) ______---_
Tel: (+61) 0500 83 82 81 | _________ \