Compiling the JDBC interface - make fails

From: Liz Bartlett <khyri(at)idyllmtn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Compiling the JDBC interface - make fails
Date: 2000-05-24 19:22:49
Lists: pgsql-novice

We've had postgresql runing for a while successfully, using
PHP3 as our interface.

We now have a user who needs to use the JDBC instead. I followed
the instructions in the documentation on the web site:

dirk# pwd
/usr/local/postgres/install/src/interfaces/jdbc
dirk# make
make $(java makeVersion)
/bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected
make: *** [all] Error 2

Running 6.5.3 on Solaris 2.6, Sun Sparc hardware. I've never touched
anything java-related before, and I am not an expert on Makefile
syntax. The line it appears to object to appears in the Makefile as:

make $$($(JAVA) makeVersion)

Help?

--Liz

Liz Bartlett*http://www.khyri.com/ 110 E. Wilshire Ave.#G-1