ODBC authentication failure

From: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)cncware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC authentication failure
Date: 1999-02-14 19:04:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello Byron,

Attached is the tracelog from an attempted ODBC connect.
This occurs whenever authentication fails during an attempt to connect
(using ODBCExpress). I believe I should get a connection dialog, but it
fails instead. I have tried different hdbc prompt settings & also different
pg_hba.conf settings, but basically the same thing happens whenever
authentication fails for any reason. The trace indicates that this is
another ODBC2.0 vs. ODBC3.0 issue. Would you agree? And more importantly,
how do I, you, we fix it? I can certainly (and do currently) just trap the
error and deal with it through my own dialog box, but I was hoping to also
be able to rely on the fallback of the driver handling the prompting.
Comments?

Cheers!

Ken

Attachment Content-Type Size