pg_result

From: davez(at)istand(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_result
Date: 1998-06-25 15:28:51
Lists: pgsql-general

I have looked all over the site and I can not find good description for
'pg_result' I am having this problem. My database and everthing is
working fine but when I try to run a query from an html webpage it is not
working and I believe it is my 'pg_result' command. I have a table with
5-6 columns of information and I want total records to be selected. I then
reference the call to a variable and call it further in my HTML, but
nothing prints up. I have tried naming all the fields where 'row1' is
below but it also doesn't work. I am not getting any errors and html
prints back except for any values for '$rows', not even the row1 values
will come back. My query command works fine in psql.
Does anyone see my problem?

$result = pg_Exec($conn, "$query");
if (!$result);
echo "An error occured inserting information into our database.\n";
exit;
else;
pg_close ($conn);
endif;