can disks be read only?

From: mikeo <mikeo(at)spectrumtelecorp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: can disks be read only?
Date: 2000-07-25 18:10:49
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,
we wish to have a database that is history so we
want to make the disks read only after loading.
would this cause any problems with POSTGRES? it's on
a linux 6.2 box with POSTGRES 7.0.2. what we're
looking for here is that if the system crashes we
can do a fast boot and not have the system do an FSCK.

one company bought another and we're going to warehouse
the purchased company's data for reference. they'll be
no additions to it once loaded.

thanks,
mikeo