Re: [HACKERS] foreign keys?

From: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
To: acroyear(at)bigpanda(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] foreign keys?
Date: 2000-01-23 15:35:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 03:17 AM 1/23/00 -0500, acroyear(at)bigpanda(dot)com wrote:

>As of the last snapshot I downloaded, only MATCH FULL was
>implemented fully and I think postgres will only be happy
>if you specify the column list or table foo has a primary key.

I actually tried creating table foo with and without a primary
key, with no effect.

>create table bar(i integer references foo(i) match full);
>
>That seems to work, although by the way I read the spec, I'm
>not sure that it should since there is no unique constraint
>specified on foo(i).

Good point, I wonder? Maybe I should get my girlfriend to
snail-mail me my copy of Date, since I won't be back to Boston
until March.

Anyway, the following works:

create table foo(i integer primary key);
create table bar(i integer references foo match full);

It finds the primary key within foo to match upon.

Thanks for the help.

http://donb.photo.net.