Re: Update table with random values from another table

From: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory(at)campbell-lange(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Update table with random values from another table
Date: 2009-02-12 13:47:46
Lists: pgsql-general

actually forget about that generate_series() in sub queries, I just
realized that it won't do.
I don't have too much time to analyse and find solution, but
essentially you need to do it like in my example.

See, that's where normalization would help a lot. Ie, having a
separate table for name, and surname - and than third one to connect
them into full name.