two or more pg installations running as the same user

From: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: two or more pg installations running as the same user
Date: 2008-11-25 10:37:47
Lists: pgsql-general

hey folks,

I am thinking about testing enviroment here, and gotta setup temporary
instalation of postgres for that. More than one, because software operates
on few different connections, to different databases.
I know I can do it under same user, just by changing PGDATA/PGPORT before
initdb gets to run. But will it be safe otherwise ?

--
GJ