Function nesting issue

From: 张海峰 <roxetter(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Function nesting issue
Date: 2010-01-28 07:32:06
Lists: pgsql-general

i have 2 functions, naming a and b, both outputing a resultset(cursor)
and a integer.
a calls b

a:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "public"."t_outer" (out o_rs
"pg_catalog"."refcursor", out o_i integer) RETURNS record AS
select t_inner(o_rs, o_i);

b:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "public"."t_inner" (out o_rs
"pg_catalog"."refcursor", out o_i integer) RETURNS record AS

Compilation is ok, but when i call a, it says:
ERROR: function b(refcursor, integer) does not exist
No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need
to add explicit type casts.

So, my question is whether postgreSQL supporting this type of nesting?

thanks. if this is an old question, please forgive me.

regards

--
Alferd.