visibility maps and heap_prune

From: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: visibility maps and heap_prune
Date: 2008-12-05 06:57:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

ISTM that the PD_ALL_VISIBLE flag and the visibility map bit can be set at
the end of pruning operation if we know that there are only tuples visible
to all transactions left in the page. The way pruning is done, I think it
would be straight forward to get this information.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee