Re: snapshot leak and core dump with serializable transactions

From: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: snapshot leak and core dump with serializable transactions
Date: 2008-12-03 17:07:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> That's absolutely wrong. It'll complain about whatever snapshots the
> owners still hold.

You must be right; I don't understand that code much. But don't we expect
the snapshots to be cleanly released at that point and if not we flash
warnings anyways ? AtEOXact_Snapshot only unregisters the serialized
snapshot which otherwise release resource owner will complain about.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee