Re: HOT patch - version 14

From: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: HOT patch - version 14
Date: 2007-09-01 03:13:48
Lists: pgsql-patches

On 9/1/07, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> I see this the other way around: if it doesn't work on system catalogs,
> it probably doesn't work, period. I'm not in favor of treating the
> catalogs differently.

Now that I hear you, I know what to do next :-)

I don't think there is any fundamental problem with system catalogs,
its only the additional complexity that I was worried about. Anyways,
I will rework things as per your suggestion. And I take your point that
making it work on all tables will give us more confidence on the code.

Thanks,
Pavan

P.S. Next week is bad for me :-( I am on vacation on Thursday/Friday
and for remaining days, I may not be able to spend extra cycles,
apart from regular working hours.

--
Pavan Deolasee