Re: HOT latest patch - version 8

From: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: HOT latest patch - version 8
Date: 2007-07-13 09:54:17
Lists: pgsql-patches

Please see updated version of the patch. This includes further code
refactoring and bug fixes.

heapam code is now refactored and I have also added several comments
in that code as well as vacuum and create index related code.

In the previous version, we were not collecting aborted heap-only
tuples since they are not part of any chain. This version deals with
such tuples.

There is also some cleanup in the VACUUM FULL area. Especially
we have dealt with the redirected line pointers by pointing them to
the first non-dead tuple in the chain. Since we hold exclusive lock
on the relation, we can easily do that.

Anyways, we still need a comprehensive writeup, but if someone
wants to test things further, this patch should be used.

Thanks,
Pavan

On 6/27/07, Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please see version 8 of the HOT patch attached with the mail.
> In the last couple of weeks, few people like Heikki, Simon, Greg,
> Korry have reviewed the patch. I should especially thank Heikki
> for his thorough review.
>
> In the process we have fixed quite a few bugs and improved
> few things. The attached patch is based on those changes.
>
> I now need to again split the patch into smaller patches for
> ease of review. There were some additional suggestions regarding
> refactoring which I would do now. But if anybody wants to just
> test the patch, please use this version.
>
> I would summarize the changes when I split and send the smaller
> patches.
>
> Thanks,
> Pavan
>
> --
> Pavan Deolasee

Pavan Deolasee

Attachment Content-Type Size
PG83-HOT-combo-v9.0.patch.gz application/x-gzip 54.9 KB