Convert Arbitrary Table to Array?

From: Lee Hughes <lee(at)hughesys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Convert Arbitrary Table to Array?
Date: 2009-02-09 16:52:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I need a function that accepts a table name and returns a 2-dimensional
array of the table data.

I found some related posts on this and other forums and tried several
approaches with plpgsql but have had no success.

I know I can pull the table data out to the application tier and transform
it from there but I would really prefer to keep it in the database.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

Lee