Pg_dump : Can I specify the Password ?

From: nadiak(at)parkerglobal(dot)com (N(dot)K(dot))
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pg_dump : Can I specify the Password ?
Date: 2003-08-27 19:28:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm doing automated database dump and want to be able to specify
Username and Passowrd in my shell script for pg_dump.

When I do man pg_dump there are no options for password. There is -U
username to specify username which actually doesn't work for me, I
still get prompted for username, but there is nothing to specify
password.
Is there anyway of going around this? I need to automate everything
and forego prompting.
Thanks in advance.
N.K.