Re: automating pg_config.h.win32 maintenance

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: automating pg_config.h.win32 maintenance
Date: 2019-12-16 12:12:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2019-12-13 14:56, Tom Lane wrote:
> One thing that disturbs me slightly is that the plan seems to be to
> not mention variables in this list at all if they're to be undefined
> on Windows. I realize that we've frequently done that by omission in
> pg_config.h.win32, but I don't think it's good practice: it encourages
> failure to think about how such variables need to be set on Windows.

OK, here is an updated patch set that has all defines in one big Perl
hash, and also requires that all symbols in pg_config.h.in are accounted
for. (The indentation is from pgperltidy.)

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Generate-pg_config.h-from-pg_config.h.in-on-Windo.patch text/plain 22.8 KB
v2-0002-Remove-pg_config.h.win32.patch text/plain 24.3 KB