Re: FATAL: could not open relation xxx: No such file or directory

From: "Mikko Partio" <mpartio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FATAL: could not open relation xxx: No such file or directory
Date: 2008-04-22 04:34:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Mikko Partio <mpartio(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> > you
> >
> > > I run fsck on the filesystem (gfs) -- no problems found. The disks are
> > from
> > > a san and the diagnostic programs say there's nothing wrong. I also
> > have
> > > other db clusters running on different filesystems (also gfs) and I
> > have
> > > never had any problems with them.
> >
> > Some RAM checks wouldn't be out of place either.

Memtest86+ has now been running for 20+ hours and no errors has been found.
I was also unable to reproduce this problem, but it only happened after a
few days of constant activity anyway so I guess it's not so easy to
replicate. Any other pointers where to look at? Your help is well
appreciated.

Regards

Mikko