Re: Unexpected crash

From: "Mikko Partio" <mpartio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unexpected crash
Date: 2007-07-19 06:08:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On 7/19/07, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com> wrote:

> Mikko Partio wrote:
>
> OK. This is RH Enterprise Server, then?

Yes.
cat /etc/issue

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 8)
Kernel \r on an \m

Is there a server log-line saying you have a sig-11 crash?

No that is the only line (with verbosity DEBUG2).

What's puzzling me is why shift+return is different from just plain
> return (which presumably works). I'd suspect readline or similar. Try
> something like "rpm -q --requires postgresql-client" (you'll need to
> check the details, haven't used rpm much recently) to see what packages
> psql is depending on. Then just check they look OK for your installation.

Here's the results for that query but I don't know how interpret them:

rpm -q --requires postgresql-8.2.4

/sbin/ldconfig
initscripts
libc.so.6