Re: Forrester: Ingres and MySQL Lead Open Source Databases

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: decibel <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Leif B(dot) Kristensen" <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Forrester: Ingres and MySQL Lead Open Source Databases
Date: 2009-08-19 17:14:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi!

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:34 AM, decibel<decibel(at)decibel(dot)org> wrote:

> Have we looked at paying someone to be responsible for PR? I'm not thinking
> a PR firm or anything, but someone in the community who is actually charged
> with being responsible for dealing with PR. That would mean we don't have to
> worry about the "outside world" not having a point of contact, and we would
> also be able to make sure we have case studies and what-not.

It's an interesting idea, but who would they report to and be accountable to?

I think it would be more productive to come up with a series of small
projects that people inside the community want to work on, and empower
them - through money or other kinds of support of the project - to do
things that help us all.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me