Re: wiki page for PG Con 2009?

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alan McKay <alan(dot)mckay(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wiki page for PG Con 2009?
Date: 2009-05-26 14:40:09
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi!

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Alan McKay <alan(dot)mckay(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Based on his naming convention I would like to create the page
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2009

I see that someone has created the page. Maybe you? :)

> I'm also wondering about the following - is there any utility in
> allowing people to post their own notes from a given lecture?

No utility, but feel free to add information to the existing notes, or
create new pages. That's the cool thing about the wiki -- you are free
to add and collaborate, and your revisions are public. If someone has
a problem with what you change, they'll be able to contact you.

> there were anyone like me who'd care to type them in.  Not that I
> don't like his notes of course :-), but there is invariably always
> something discussed that are not in the notes, and this might be a way
> to capture it.

And, Greg didn't take those particular notes. I did :D

So, feel free to update/correct any part of it. I took them during the
session, and haven't gone back to edit yet. I appreciate anyone's help
in making the notes more readable, or by adding other things that came
up during the discussion :)

Adding links back to the pgcon.org pages that correspond to the
sessions would be nice, as well as the links to video of the
presentations. The pgcon.org site will have links to the original
presentation files.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann