Call for proposals for PDXPUG PgDay - due by June 20, 2008

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Call for proposals for PDXPUG PgDay - due by June 20, 2008
Date: 2008-06-02 02:37:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi there!

I've talked with a few people on this list about PDXPUG PgDay. Could
you submit your talk details through this method so that I don't lose
track of anyone?

thanks!
-selena

--
PDXPUG PgDay will be on July 20, 2008. This is a one-day conference
happening the day before OSCON at the Oregon Convention Center.

We are inviting anyone who has something interesting to share about
PostgreSQL to send us a proposal!

We'd like to have at least one 1.5 hour tutorial and up to five 45-minute talks.

We welcome talks in any of the following areas:

* Case studies involving interesting and innovative uses of PostgreSQL
from an application developer, PostgreSQL developer or administrative
user perspective
* Converting from other databases to PostgreSQL
* Howtos for database administration tasks (partitioning, backups,
replication, writing stored procedures)
* Practical advice on configuration, monitoring and database management

We will notify submitters of their acceptance by June 25, 2008.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at PDXPUG PgDay!

To submit a proposal:

1. Login to http://pugs.postgresql.org (create an account if you don't
already have one!)
2. Go to: http://pugs.postgresql.org/node/add/pgday-talk-submission
And submit a talk! Please be sure to include a speaker biography. Thanks!

--
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us