Re: PGCon vs Postgresql Conference

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "Sim Zacks" <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGCon vs Postgresql Conference
Date: 2008-01-30 01:03:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jan 29, 2008 12:22 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Sim Zacks wrote:
> > Is there any real difference between PGCon and Postgresql Conference
> > East/West or is it the same idea in different places?
> >
> > My question is actually which people should go to which conference?
>
> They are different conferences. I think PGCon is more for backend
> developers, while Postgresql Conference East/West are more end-user
> conferences.

I appreciate the compliment :) We definitely are inviting end-users
to our conference. But they'll be right along-side core contributors,
and whip-smart developers.

I'll just echo what JD said -- our queue of talks includes both very
practical, tutorial-style talks, and more traditional
developer-oriented talks.

We've only got a few more days before we announce the selections on
February 11th!

For those of you thinking about proposing talks, submissions close on
February 3rd. Get 'em in now!!

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group