Re: Next meeting - November 15 - tsearch2? something else?

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Webb Sprague" <webb(dot)sprague(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Postgresql PDX_Users" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Next meeting - November 15 - tsearch2? something else?
Date: 2007-10-26 17:33:18
Lists: pdxpug

On 10/26/07, Webb Sprague <webb(dot)sprague(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > I don't know tsearch2 but I could show off ptop, not that a terminal
> > application is that exciting nor does that get Webb to give his
> > map-mashup talk.
>
> I vote for ptop, since I don't think I can come up with a mashup
> script in two weeks....
>
> Is Josh Berkus listening? Would he be visiting Portland in the next
> few months and could talk about tsearch? ... ;)

I don't think Josh is on this list.. But he has offered to come speak
in Portland. Maybe we can get him back here in late winter...

I'm going to write an article that includes some tsearch stuff. I
could give a 15-minute overview of usage. I'll bring a few things to
talk about if there's time at the meeting.

PHP users group and a couple Ruby have both expressed interest in
having co-meetings as well. I'll solicit some ideas from folks.

I would be interested in ptop and also a more in-depth SNMP discussion.

How about ptop and then an SNMP discussion? We can save tsearch and
Webb's awesome mashup for another month.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group