db corruption pg vs mysql

From: "tim h" <timh(at)vyew(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: db corruption pg vs mysql
Date: 2007-05-22 18:52:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi. Im running one of my apps on mysql/myisam. db size: 7mil records, 5.8Gb.
We've had some corruption problems, somehow the mysqld service failed
corrupted the db.

For many reasons, but for this reason alone, im considering switching to
pgsql sooner
then planned. My question is... will this same problem happen in pgsql?
Is there a way to prevent or minimize corruption due to service or hardware
failure?

also, will the use of Transactional queries prevent corruption, or is that a
different issue?

thanks.

--
Tim H