Re: Refactoring SSL tests

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Refactoring SSL tests
Date: 2022-02-07 16:29:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/2/22 14:50, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 2 Feb 2022, at 17:09, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> On 2/2/22 08:26, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>> Thoughts? I'm fairly sure there are many crimes against Perl in this patch,
>>> I'm happy to take pointers on how to improve that.
>> It feels a bit odd to me from a perl POV. I think it needs to more along
>> the lines of standard OO patterns. I'll take a stab at that based on
>> this, might be a few days.
> That would be great, thanks!

Here's the result of that surgery.  It's a little incomplete in that it
needs some POD adjustment, but I think the code is right - it passes
testing for me.

One of the advantages of this, apart from being more idiomatic, is that
by avoiding the use of package level variables you can have two
SSL::Server objects, one for OpenSSL and (eventually) one for NSS. This
was the original motivation for the recent install_path additions to
PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster, so it complements that work nicely.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-ssl-test-refactoring.patch text/x-patch 43.7 KB