Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically

From: Robert Hodges <robert(dot)hodges(at)continuent(dot)com>
To: franrtorres77 <franrtorres77(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Linas Virbalas <linas(dot)virbalas(at)continuent(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically
Date: 2010-11-16 03:20:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On Nov 14, 2010, at 4:44 AM PST, franrtorres77 wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I need to add periodically some data from a remote mysql database into our
> postgresql database. So, does anyone know how to do it having in mind that
> it must be runned every minute or so for adding new records to the
> postresql?

Have you looked at Tungsten to replicate from MySQL to PostgreSQL? Linas Virbalas and I did a talk on using Tungsten to replicate out of MySQL and into PostgreSQL at PG-West. (URL: https://www.postgresqlconference.org/content/liberating-your-data-mysql-cross-database-replication-rescue) Linas posted the slides but I don't see them on the PG-West site yet. If you send a mail off-list we would be happy to send slides. Linas will be doing a similar talk at PG-Day EU in Stuttgart next month.

The software we discussed is open source and available from SourceForge.net at http://sourceforge.net/projects/tungsten/. We are doing some commercial work to replicate into Greenplum and will keep building out the generic MySQL to PostgreSQL replication along the way.

Cheers, Robert Hodges

Disclosure: Linas and I both work on Tungsten for Continuent.