Missing postmaster.pid and PG_VERSION

From: Tue S(dot)Dissing <tue(at)somersault(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Missing postmaster.pid and PG_VERSION
Date: 2003-03-09 11:56:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I hope that someone can help me. I've installed postgresql73 via fink,
running OS X. when i'm trying to stop the database via webmin i get the
message: "Failed to stop database server : Failed to open PID file
/sw/bin/postmaster.pid"
I can't locate the PG_VERSION file on my system. The postmaster ask for
it !
I've tried to reinstall the hole thing agian but it didn't help.

I don't now what to do !
I have to use it in my study.

Tue